6.17.2009

once when i was 20

flopping my way through school and paying bills by working for a major book retailer in suburban maryland, my 2 main bosses were the astounding combination of a recovered meth-head and a sado-masochist.

one day i got my hair cut really short and i loved it, even though looking back i think i looked like this, the unhappy fusion of these two unfortunate souls:




my bosses were then steeped in aspen hills's emerging gay dominatrix community, and informed me that with my new super shorty hair cut i looked like a "boi". it never occurred to me to investigate these charges until now; 5 years later, inside of a cubicle, counting hours until wallace makes like a tree and spruces her way to the upper west side.

BOI

  • A younger person who looks and acts like a young, heterosexual male, possibly embodying stereotyped attributes towards casual sex and commitment in relationships, in contrast with the stereotype of the U-Haul lesbian. Bois may not identify as butch, regarding butches as playing a more powerful or responsible role – the "man of the house" – while a boi is still in a freer, younger phase.
  • A male who identifies as a submissive/slave in BDSM.[8]
  • A young transman, or a transman who is in the earlier stages of transitioning.[7]
  • A term of endearment for butches by femmes.[7] It may also be used in the gay community to refer to a younger person – bisexual or gay – who may have effeminate characteristics.[7]

end note, i never thought of myself as butch, i just really liked collared shirts in 2004, ok?